As your clients prepare for and live through retirement, they face an increasingly complex set of challenges, including a sustained low-interest rate environment, an uncertain future for Social Security, increased longevity and increasing costs for medical care, among other things.
This makes the challenge of preparing for and living through retirement great, but for prepared advisors the opportunity is greater: over 10,000 Americans turn 65 every day. And they need your help making the most of their Social Security benefits, navigating medicare decisions, protecting against the risk of chronic illness and making sure they won’t outlive their retirement assets.
Your clients and prospects are or will be looking to you for guidance. Which is why we’ve pulled together some of the best resources our industry offers. Below you’ll find educational resources, case studies and other marketing programs you can use to set yourself apart from your peers and connect with the many clients who need your help preparing for and living through retirement.
|Insights about Retirees and Retirement:
- 61% of Baby Boomers are more scared of outliving their retirement assets than death.
- 93% of customers would leave an advisor if they don’t receive Social Security advice
- A formal retirement plan is the biggest factor for how confident you clients feel about their retirement security, yet only 3 of 10 have one in place
- 4 of 10 Americans believe no matter how much they save and how they invest they will not have enough money in retirement
- Concerns about longevity are well founded: one of every four 65 year olds will live to age 90, and one out of ten will live to age 95
- 50% of households are at risk of having their standard of living decline in retirement
About Jeffrey Berson
40 years in and around the industry has made Insurance a part of my DNA. I have had the pleasure of working with and for some of the greatest minds in our industry. My "Bersonal" View is an attempt to capture some of the best ideas, the best concepts and the best practices in a way that can lead to success for others. It will certainly be my point of view, so please...don't take it "Bersonal".
This entry was posted in Bersonal Posts
. Bookmark the permalink